[Dovecot] new auth connection (for ever)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 30 19:11:44 EEST 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 11:13 PM, Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:

> dovecot: Apr 29 22:47:23 Error: IMAP(ebalaskas): FETCH for mailbox
> oreilly UID 24 got too little data: 2041 vs 2471

This causes Dovecot to disconnect the client, because it unexpectedly
got too little data and it had already told cilent that it's going to
send 2471 bytes.

Have you modified the mail file? I'm not sure why else it would do
this with maildir (other than cache file getting corrupted for some
reason). Anyway you can probably fix it by deleting
dovecot.index.cache file to make it recalculate the message size.