[Dovecot] mbox empty messages in Sent folder

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 4 01:07:42 EEST 2008

On Aug 3, 2008, at 10:31 PM, Diego Liziero wrote:

> It seems so,
> I sent you privately the rawlog and the last part of a sent-mail
> mailbox.

The interesting thing about that rawlog was that it shows the APPEND
returning it saved the message with UID x, but in the mbox file
there's no UID x, but there is the empty message with UID x+1.

> Anyone besides me is seeing this? (random empty mails in Sent folder)

I'm using mboxes all the time, never seen this..

Perhaps if you put all processes through strace (-s 1000000) and when
it again happens for some user send me the strace? Although I'd guess
it shows that the message was properly written to the mbox file. The
real question is then what truncates the mbox file..