[Dovecot] RFE: Disallow DELETE of non-empty MBOX

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Aug 4 21:23:35 EEST 2008

It looks like this is already the rule for maildir, where one can't remove
the folder if any files or subdirectories are present. I'd like to get this
option for mbox folders, as I'd like to prevent "accidents" where users
accidentally delete large folders by clicking the wrong thing and then
too-quickly approving the confirmation dialog that pops up. (Impatient
upper level management tends to do this. ;))

BTW, I'm using Mulberry for my client, and it unfortunately puts "Mark
contents seen" right next to "Delete folder" on the context menu. I'm aware
of the issue so I tend to be extra careful when I finish with the folder
associated with a busy mailing list and mark all the uninteresting messages
seen.