[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.1 + zlib plugin + mbox crash

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Mon Aug 4 21:38:26 EEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 02:26:50PM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Dean Brooks wrote:
>
> >I cannot get Dovecot 1.1.2 to compile at all on Solaris8 with gcc
> >3.3.4 and newly recompiled versions of bzip2 and zlib libraries.  This
> >is the first time I've ever had a problem getting Dovecot to compile
> >under Solaris 8.
> ..
> ><unknown>                           0x3ab8      /usr/local/lib/
> >libbz2.a(decompress.o)
>
> I think the problem is you're trying to link libbz2.a instead of
> libbz2.so (you didn't build the .so at all?).

When building the bz2 library from source, the .so shared library is
not built by default.  It also appears that when forcing the shared
library of libbz2 to be built, the compile process fails under
Solaris8 without some sort of modifications.  Ugh.

Does dovecot require a shared version of the libbz2 library to compile
correctly?  Is there no way to statically link this?

Or, alternatively, is there a way to shut off this libbz2 plugin
completely in the configure script?

--
Dean Brooks
dean at iglou.com