[Dovecot] bugzilla or other similar bug tracking systems

Peter Lindgren peter at norrskenkonsult.com
Mon Aug 4 22:03:17 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen skrev:
> I don't really want to have a separate bug tracking system where I'd be
> the only one handling the bug reports.

I know this is personal, but when I had my own company developing
software, I was the only one handling bug requests. But nevertheless, I
felt it was a good thing just to keep track of things, and to respond to
vendors and customers "yes this is already being tracked in [the term
actually was 'trouble report'] #1234". Sounded more professional and
also made me ease a little on my personal memory load.

This was before Bugzilla was developed. Now, in my current job, we use
Bugzilla.

I can really recommend Bugzilla, using priorities you always know what
to do and when you're finished for release. In your case, paid
development could always get prio 1 (highest).

Whether you want to make it publicly available is up to you.

/Peter