[Dovecot] Problem: delivery with mode 600 into shared folder

seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 4 23:13:10 EEST 2008

Hi Timo,

----- "Timo Sirainen" <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2008, at 8:33 PM, Sergey Ivanov wrote:
>
> >[skip]
> >
> > at Thunderbird restart, but after restart all messages in shared
> > folder appear as new. Even without restart, when go to another
> > folder and then return to one where I've marked messages as "Read"
>
> > before, they are new!
> > Dovecot configs are in my previous message, I think I should not
> > post them once more.
>
> Sounds like the mailbox is read-only for the user. It doesn't have
> write-permissions to it the directories?

you are right, directories with mail are only readable by users, they have each their own dirs for storing CONTROL and INDEX.
---
mail_location: maildir:/home/vmail/listuser/Maildir:CONTROL=/home/vmail/%u/Maildir/control:INDEX=/home/vmail/%u/Maildir/index
---
your change b5388b21c4c2 fixed the problem, thank you!
--
  Sergey ivanov.