[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.12 ignores auth_krb5_keytab settings

christop christop at physik.tu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 4 23:50:28 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Aug 2, 2008, at 1:12 PM, christop wrote:
>
>> i am using here a FreeBSD 7.0 amd64 with latest dovecot from ports.
>> It ignores the krb5_keytab settings, which looks like this in the logs:
>
> What this setting does is that it adds KRB5_KTNAME environment that the
> Kerberos library should pick up. Are you using MIT or Heimdal Kerberos?

It is Heimdal 0.6.3 out of the FreeBSD Basesystem.

> If Heimdal:
>
>>  krb5_keytab: /etc/mail2.krb5.keytab
> A quick google lookup showed an example with FILE: prefix. Try:
>
> krb5_keytab = FILE:/etc/mail2.krb5.keytab

I tried this, but it did not help.

Atleast it should be possible with the Kerberos libs, because we doing
this for a different service with cyrus-sasl-2.1.22. There is a textfile
in /usr/local/lib/sasl2 which reads:

keytab: /etc/unp.krb5.keytab
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: gssapi