[Dovecot] RFE: Disallow DELETE of non-empty MBOX

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Tue Aug 5 01:06:04 EEST 2008

On Monday, August  4 at 04:15 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> On Aug 4, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
>> It occurs to me that another possibility is to make only the Trash
>> folder maildir, but I think Tbird only allows setting the "folders can
>> contain both messages and folders" option account-wide, not per-folder.
>
> You could switch to Maildir++ layout for mboxes to get dual-use
> mailboxes:
>
> mail_location = mbox:~/mail:LAYOUT=maildir++

If you do that, though, you have to put your INDEXES somewhere else.
Otherwise you get warnings like this:

dovecot: Error: IMAP(user at example.net): open() failed with file
/domains/example.net/user/mail/.
Trash.DeleteMe/dovecot.index.log: Not a directory

It's not a directory, obviously, because .Trash.DeleteMe is the mbox
file.

~Kyle
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.