[Dovecot] doveot reporting "No space left on device" - yet df show plenty of space / inodes.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 5 04:10:34 EEST 2008

On Aug 4, 2008, at 9:04 PM, Tom Brownlie wrote:

> I changed dovecot.conf as suggested, stopped it and then restarted it.
> Tried this users account - and it failed again.
> There is no ENOSPC in the /tmp/dovecot.log file!! This file is
> growing rapidly, but no ENOSPC...

The file is now being recreated for each user that logs in. Ideally
you should find a way to get it written only for the one user that has
the problem and then reproduce the error only once so that you know
exactly what operations were in the log file. So perhaps something like:

mail_executable = /tmp/imap.sh

and imap.sh contains:

#!/bin/sh

if [ $USER = problemuser ]; then
   exec strace -o /tmp/dovecot.log.$$.`date +%s` /usr/local/libexec/
dovecot/imap
else
   exec /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
fi