[Dovecot] expire-plugin: configuration dict-server

Jens Meyer jm2 at jensmeyer.de
Tue Aug 5 14:45:14 EEST 2008

Hello all!

I tried to add the expire-plugin to my dovecot-installation (CentOS-RPM:
dovecot-1.1.1-2_76.el5) and followed the plugin-page from the WIKI
(http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire).

Unfortunately I have problems with the dictionary:
-->
dovecot: Aug 05 13:30:25 Error: dict: Unknown dict module: db
dovecot: Aug 05 13:30:25 Error: dict: Failed to initialize dictionary
'expire'
<--

As far as I understand the hints from mailinglist-archive the db-support
is not standard with dovecot and Timo suggested to use a mysql-connection.

Are there any further tipps how to use the expire-plugin with
mysql-connection (i.e. database-scheme, SQL-Select)?

Kind regards,

        Jens