[Dovecot] Corrupted transaction logs

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:50:51 EEST 2008

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of the following messages in my mail.err log.

Jul 12 11:25:51 mink dovecot: IMAP(user1 at domain1.net): Corrupted
transaction log file
/virtual/store1/mail/u/user1_domain1.net/Maildir/.Sent/dovecot.index.log:
Append with UID 925, but next_uid = 926
Jul 12 12:44:56 mink dovecot: IMAP(user2 at domain1.net): Corrupted
transaction log file
/virtual/store2/mail/u/user2_domain1.net/Maildir/.Trash/dovecot.index.log:
Append with UID 4927, but next_uid = 4931
Jul 12 12:45:19 mink dovecot: IMAP(user2 at domain1.net): Corrupted
transaction log file
/virtual/store2/mail/u/user2_domain1.net/Maildir/.Trash/dovecot.index.log:
Append with UID 4930, but next_uid = 4931

The users get the wrong headers and bodies being displayed in
Thunderbird and I'm unsure of the symptoms in other browsers.

I'm running two mail servers with two NFS servers for the mail stores.
Both mail servers have access to both mail stores and I'm assuming
that that is what's causing the problem.
I'm running dovecot 1.0.10 (Ubuntu - so I'm using only packages
provides by aptitude at the moment).
Should dovecot be able to handle access by multiple machines for the indexes?

Thanks
Guy

--
Don't just do something...sit there!