[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1 Quota Plugin Configuration?

David Reid david at jetnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 16:15:18 EEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 8/7/2008 8:39 AM, David Reid wrote:
>> With 1.0 I had the quota plugin set to allow some accounts to have no
>> quota by setting their size (in bytes) to 0 (via mysql). Following the
>> upgrade to 1.1 this no longer seems to work and has resulted in a lot of
>> annoyed people having messages bumped :-(
>>
>> The config I have is as follows...
>>
>>   quota = maildir
>>   quota_rule = *:storage=15M
>>   quota_rule2 = Trash:ignore
>>   quota_rule3 = INBOX.Trash:ignore
>>   quota_rule4 = INBOX.SpamTrain:ignore
>>   quota_rule5 = SpamTrain:ignore
>>
>> In the sql.conf I get the quota for each mailbox using this line
>>
>> user_query = SELECT '/var/vmail/%d/%n' as home,
>> 'maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n' as mail, xxx AS uid, xxx AS gid,
>> concat('maildir:storage=', mb_quota) AS quota FROM
>> mailboxes WHERE mb_mbname = '%u' AND mb_active = '1'
>>
>> With this setup when I have a mb_quota set to 0 it simply bounces all
>> messages for the mailboxes that should have no quota.
>>
>> Any ideas how I need to fix this?
>
> You could start by not posting the same question twice in a 24 hour
> period, especially when your question has already been answered.

Apologies, but as the problem affected the mailbox I posted from I
missed the reply and hence the answer.

> You are trying to use the same mysql query from 1.0 for 1.1 and it won't
> work.
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1

Knowing the sql needed to be adjusted I have made the changes. The wiki
page says that the uid and guid can be set in the config file, but
doesn't give any indication of the lines to use. Maybe the information
could be added?

Thanks for your (duplicate) reply.

david