[Dovecot] GlusterFS

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Aug 10 12:09:45 EEST 2008

Pawel Panek wrote:
>> We use a Dovecot setup with GlusterFS. Dovecot 1.1.2 and GlusterFS
>
> OT: beside fcntl problem, how is GlusterFS doing for you?
> I have some miserable remarks using GlusterFS and FUSE. What about
> your experience?

I'm also interested to hear how it works out?  It appears that the
straightline speed is high for gluster, but it's per file performance
has enough overhead that it's a signficant problem for maildir type
applications which manipulate lots of small files?  Possibly it works
very well if you go mbox though?

Ed W