[Dovecot] Cyrus vs Dovecot

Mathieu Kretchner mathieu.kretchner at sophia.inria.fr
Mon Aug 11 15:41:02 EEST 2008

Marcin Gryszkalis a écrit :
> On Monday of August 11 2008, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
>> And Timo help a lot for many people in this list.
>
> Confirmed. Timo (and other users) doesn't leave any (non trivial) question
> unanswered, wiki is full of useful info, important bugs are fixed quick
> (follow mercurial repo) and new versions are released often - dovecot is one
> of best supported open source projects I know...
>
> regards

Indeed It's a good point for us that this is a big project with a lot of
involved developers  !

But, at present, we need to have a secure / reliable / fast with all the
properties that must fit a real e-mail server in order to support our
new e-mail IMAP architecture, so the question is (because we have only 2
options)
Why should I choose dovecot instead of Cyrus ?

Thanks