[Dovecot] proxy_maybe and IPv6

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 12 05:53:18 EEST 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Matthieu Herrb wrote:

> If an IPv4 address is specified as 'host', a dovecot proxy is created
> for clients connecting using IPv6 to this server, and symmetrically
> if the proxy is specified as an IPv6 address, clients connecting
> through IPv4 will get forwarded to the v6 address.
>
> Is there a way to avoid that?

If you're using SQL passdb, you could probably return host as either
IPv4 or IPv6 depending on if %l or %r is an IPv4 or IPv6 address?
Other than that I don't really see an easy way to handle this, because
dovecot-auth has to be the one to decide if the proxying should be
done or not, and it doesn't know all the IP addresses the Dovecot
installation is listening on.