[Dovecot] Fwd: [MORG] IMAP5 List

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Aug 12 13:04:19 EEST 2008

--On Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:17 AM -0400 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
wrote:

> If anyone's interested, especially client developers. It's been a bit
> quiet there after the initial rush.

Very interesting. Thanks for the forward. I'll send this on to the Mulberry
developer list.

One thing I'd like to see is the ability of the server to notify the client
of updates on any folder, not just subscribed or open ones. From what I
understand, the client must poll all unsubscribed folders, which can be
expensive. If one has a lot of folders (mine count well over 100, due to
the large number of mailing lists to which I subscribe, and that I filter
to them on the server side), the time to find new mail can be large and
costly on the server.