[Dovecot] restrict webmail access

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 12 21:39:30 EEST 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Jan wrote:

> I'm using dovecot imap with ldap accounts. User management interface
> is phamm. Internal clients connect directly using imap client.
> External clients must use webmail (squirrelmail). But not everyone
> is supposed to use webmail. Is there any way to control who is
> allowed to log in from a specific IP (webmail ip)?

So you want to deny webmail access to some users but still allow them
to log in directly via IMAP? You could do that with SQL passdb or
checkpassword script, but there's really no way to do it with LDAP.

Well, or one last possibility would be to allow the user to log in but
immediately disconnect him by checking the access in post-login
script: http://wiki.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting