[Dovecot] Trying to Hide Namespace - new configuration options?

Daniel Watts d at nielwatts.com
Wed Aug 13 13:25:12 EEST 2008

Using 1.1.2

We have:

# default namespace
namespace private {
         separator = /
         prefix =
         inbox = yes
         #location = maildir:/home/virtual/%h
                   #Maildir
}

# for backwards compatibility:
namespace private {
         separator = /
         prefix = mail/
         location = maildir:%h/Maildir/
                  #Maildir
         hidden = yes
         list = no
}

The 'hidden=yes' seemed to do nothing but saw earlier in this list a
reply to add 'list=no'. This has worked to hide all folder but we still
have /mail/Trash showing and it refuses to go away even after unsubscribing.

mail/Trash appears when I set my email client to use folder prefix "mail/".

If i set the prefix to blank I only see my Inbox and Deleted folders.
Interestingly it shows 'Deleted' not 'Trash'. I guess Thunderbird
renames 'Trash'.

What other configs are there to try? Is there a list of config changes
for 1.1.x anywhere? We were not aware of the list=no config.

Thanks,
Daniel