[Dovecot] Trying to Hide Namespace - new configuration options?

Daniel Watts d at nielwatts.com
Wed Aug 13 17:43:32 EEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 8/13/2008, Daniel Watts (d at nielwatts.com) wrote:
>> If i set the prefix to blank I only see my Inbox and Deleted folders.
>> Interestingly it shows 'Deleted' not 'Trash'. I guess Thunderbird
>> renames 'Trash'.
>
> Maybe this is a TBird issue rather than dovecot? The Trash is a 'special
> folder' to most clients, so it may be trying to force it somehow.

Looks like the issue was that before the list=no option was introduced
the server had actually created a file on the server. After dovecot was
fixed it could read this file but not delete / unsubscribe it. After
manually removing all the bad entries on the server it seems to have
worked.

Still - is there an written update somewhere with the new configs?

Thanks,
Daniel