[Dovecot] 1.1.x problems

Andre Hübner andre.huebner at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 22:59:43 EEST 2008

Hi,

>On 8/13/2008 3:22 PM, Andre Hübner wrote:
>> since upgrading to 1.1.x i still have this bugs "Next message
>> unexpectedly lost "
>> I read this Maillist some months ago and i believe that im not the only
>> one...
>> The Panics and crashes in 1.1.1 are gone by upgrading to 1.1.2 but these
>> can't
>> download complete mails.
>>
>> is there something new to this issue. all recommend changes did not help.
>> The only thing i could do is downgrade to 1.0.15 and all works fine.
>>
>> i can not keep the 1.1.x versions in my repo untill this case is
>> solved.  :(

> Output of dovecot -n might help...

ok, i did this some times already and was in contact with timo. may be there
are some news in this case.
i looked in the archives for similiar problems and saw that some users have
this problem with 1.1.x and did not get answers
f.i.  http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-August/thread.html  2 guys with
this problem, but no solution

this is dovecot -n

# 1.1.2: /etc/dovecot.conf
protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
ssl_ca_file: /path/path/*.domainname.com.bundle.crt
ssl_cert_file: /path/path/*.domainname.com.crt
ssl_key_file: /path/path/*.domainname.com.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_greeting: domainname.com mailserver ready.
login_process_per_connection: no
login_processes_count: 1
max_mail_processes: 100
verbose_proctitle: yes
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mail_cache_min_mail_count: 30
lock_method: flock
mbox_read_locks: dotlock
mbox_very_dirty_syncs: yes
mail_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugins(default): mail_log
mail_plugins(imap): mail_log
mail_plugins(pop3):
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3
imap_client_workarounds(default): outlook-idle netscape-eoh
tb-extra-mailbox-sep delay-newmail
imap_client_workarounds(imap): outlook-idle netscape-eoh
tb-extra-mailbox-sep delay-newmail
imap_client_workarounds(pop3):
pop3_client_workarounds(default):
pop3_client_workarounds(imap):
pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): oe-ns-eoh outlook-no-nuls
auth default:
  verbose: yes
  passdb:
    driver: shadow
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

lock_method was already changed to fcntl but no change :(

this is my configure-line, i do the packaging on my own:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--with-ssl=openssl \
--with-storages=mbox,maildir,raw \
--with-pam \
--with-passwd

compiled with no errors/no packagingerrors with gcc 4.1.2
version 1.0.x works without any problems, conf is almost the same, just
changes required by 1.1.x

Thanks you
Andre