[Dovecot] Webmail app ... again.

Brian Hayden bhayden at umn.edu
Thu Aug 14 00:02:50 EEST 2008

On Aug 13 2008, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

>I've seen several messages on the list that seem to indicate some
>clients don't maintain the connection.  It will be interesting to see
>what the implications of this.  Not sure if it can be done from a HTTP
>connection as it is suppose to be stateless.

Have you investigated Prayer? That's what we use, in a modded version,
because it maintains persistent IMAP connections (among other reasons). You
could think of it as an IMAP client that happens to be using a web browser
to draw back to your screen, as if it were X Windows. It's a sort of clumsy
analogy but in the end that's more or less what it amounts to.

--
Brian Hayden
UMN OIT Internet Services