[Dovecot] mbox empty messages in Sent folder

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 01:19:40 EEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2008, at 6:11 AM, Diego Liziero wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe this helps? http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/8ab845d3c96d
>>>

>> It seems so, thanks Timo.
>>
>> With this patch, by now, all sent mails are correctly written in
>> "Sent" folder, I'let you know if I've just been lucky :)

Definitely solved. I asked the most complainig users to test if it's
fixed and they say "yes".
The most affected client was horde/imp webmail.

Thanks again Timo.

>> BTW I didn't succeed in reproducing this issue with imaptest, what was
>> the trick to trigger it?
>
> I'm not sure if there's an easy way to reproduce it. You'd have to cause the
> first read to return EAGAIN but the second read that comes only microseconds
> later to return the entire message. Perhaps if imaptest sent first the
> APPEND command, then did a small pause and after that sent the message.

Mmm.. I tried to comment out the "cork" part and added a 10% random
sleep after sending the command
if (!(rand()%9)) usleep(rand()%5000000);

and I started getting the famous "Error: IMAP(testdove): FETCH for
mailbox INBOX UID xxx got too little data: yyy vs zzz" instead.

Regards,
Diego.