[Dovecot] Procmail versus Dovecot LDA

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Thu Aug 14 06:05:13 EEST 2008

Hello Timo!

A configuration issue as we had with the config discussed below can be
definitly barred.

locate only finds somehting in /home/gerhard/Mail/.imap/ which is correct.

Config:
~/.imap 3 > ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx  1 gerhard users 30 Jun 13 22:30 INBOX -> /home/gerhard/Mail/.imap/INBOX

# Users should have access to the whole home directory
mail_location = mbox:~:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

deliver section:
# Mail folders should be in ~/Mail
mail_location = mbox:~/Mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

How can I make a more consistent configuration with namespaces?
To avoid the symlink we might include: INBOX_CACHE_DIR=~/Mail

Do you have the warnings patch (inconsitent sizes/timesptamps between
index and filesystem) running at your servers, too? Do you get warnings?

Maybe you can include these warnings in the normal release and some other
people have the same problems.

I think the used filesystem ext3 is rock solid.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
http://www.wiesinger.com/