[Dovecot] Cyrus vs Dovecot

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu Aug 14 11:52:34 EEST 2008

* Mathieu Kretchner <mathieu.kretchner at sophia.inria.fr>:
> Ed W a écrit :
> > Mathieu Kretchner wrote:

> >> I guess you've right but I can't post this answer at Cyrus mailing
> >> list.  I'm just trying to have my own opinion of imap server and I
> >> already have sarcastic answer on the cyrus mailing list !
> >
> > Reading the cyrus list I think the above quote might be a bit unfair and
> > accidently crossposted?
> >
> > In any case I only have experience of dovecot and it's used in some
> > larger installs such as the old webmail.us, now 1&1 (I believe).  I
> > think your installation is probably large enough that you might want to
> > do a trial migration of a couple of accounts and see if migration is a
> > problem.
>
> I'm trying to migrate my own account from cyrus to dovecot with the 2
> tools which seems to fit the most my needs :
>
> cyrus2courier :
> Work fast and well but I must use cyrus2courier-1.5.ts and I have 2
> problems with it : falg unseen (or seen if I want) for all e-mail / Sub
> folders of Inbox are invisibles (I see them on the File System) !
>
> imapsync :
> Must add a transition configuration to dovecot in order to have user
> passdb file (or master user) but once done it's ok and work correctly.
> I've just tested a transition and I'm happy to see it keeps all flags
> (seen/unseen too) and timestamp but as cyrus2courier, I can't see my
> inbox sub folders although I could see them (full) on the File System?

If you serve Outlook Clients and use imapsynv check that they don't see all
mails with the same delivery date. There's a script on the imapsync website
that fixes this problem.

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de