[Dovecot] Dovecot & (Al)pine - resaving messages to Inbox

Jonathan Herbach jherbach at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:43:39 EEST 2008

I have a x86 Linux box running Fedora 4. Up until 2008 I was using pine 4.64 and Dovecot 0.99.x. In early 2008 I transitioned to Alpine 1.10, and didn't notice any major changes.

I upgraded to Dovecot 1.0.15 this past weekend. My dovecot -n settings are at the bottom of the email.

I've noticed a change since Dovecot was upgraded. I used to reorder items within my INBOX in al/pine by "saving" messages back to the INBOX, which I was connecting via IMAP
. Now when I try to do it I get an error in alpine that says:

[Can't copy mails inside same folder]  then:
 [Save to folder "{localhost:143/i...r=jherbach}INBOX" FAILED]

While these are alpine messages, they appear to be from the dovecot upgrade.

I really miss the ability to reorder messages in my inbox since I often use it as a queue of important items. Does anybody have any ideas why I'm seeing this error message? Or better yet, how to potentially (re) configure the system to allow me to resave messages into the same folder?

Jonathan

---------------

My settings:
# 1.0.15: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

protocols: imap pop3 imaps pop3s

ssl_cert_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/dovecot.pem

ssl_key_file: /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem

disable_plaintext_auth: no

login_dir: /var/run/dovecot-login

login_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login

login_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login

login_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login

first_valid_gid: 100

last_valid_gid: 100

mail_location: mbox:%h/mail:INBOX=%h/Mailbox

mbox_write_locks: fcntl

mail_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap

mail_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap

mail_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3

mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap

mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap

mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3

pop3_no_flag_updates(default): no

pop3_no_flag_updates(imap): no

pop3_no_flag_updates(pop3): yes

pop3_uidl_format(default):

pop3_uidl_format(imap):

pop3_uidl_format(pop3): %08Xu%08X

pop3_client_workarounds(default):

pop3_client_workarounds(imap):

pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-no-nuls

auth default:

  passdb:

    driver: pam

  userdb: