[Dovecot] Dovecot & (Al)pine - resaving messages to Inbox

Nicolas KOWALSKI nicolas.kowalski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:02:59 EEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 07:25:38AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 8/20/2008, Nicolas KOWALSKI (nicolas.kowalski at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I suppose the OP does not sort by date but Arrival time (this means
> > arrival time in the mailbox).
>
> It was my understanding that arrival time is the time the message was
> DELIVERED (by whatever mechanism is in place for final delivery of
> messages), NOT the time that some IMAP CLIENT moves a message around.

Well, I should not have used the 'time' word.

The alpine documentation states about 'Arrival' sorting:

" The Arrival sort option arranges messages in the MESSAGE INDEX in the
order that they exist in the folder. This is usually the same as the
order in which they arrived. This option is comparable to not sorting
the messages at all. "

It is the same (non-)ordering available in Mozilla mail clients, with
the 'Order Received' option.

--
Nicolas