[Dovecot] TECRA-A9 -- devcot LDA/sendmail

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Aug 20 18:45:54 EEST 2008

At 05:48 20-08-2008, dovecot at guice.ath.cx wrote:
>You are correct.  Allow me to provide just a little more detail.
>We're assuming that dovecot.confs' 'Mail_location:' has nothing to do
>with the MTA handing off to the 'deliver' LDA.  With that being said, no
>matter what the dovecot.confs' 'mail_location:' is set to, and with:

There are two stages:

  1. MTA handing off the message to the LDA

  2. 'deliver' LDA taking the message and delivering it to the
appropriate mailbox.

The first stage is not determined by the dovecot.conf mail_location setting.

>the local mailer continues to handle and send the mail to
>/var/mail/<user-name>. Yes we did create another hostname.cf. :=)

Add the following line to your sendmail .mc file:

define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',`True')dnl

and generate a new configuration.  Then restart sendmail and test.

Regards,
-sm