[Dovecot] Experience moving mailboxes from Dovecot 0.99.14 to Dovecot 1.07 => Improvement possible

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 22 01:41:56 EEST 2008

Quoting Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>:

Just to keep the list up-to-date in case any one is cruising the archives...

> [...]

I still have not found any, but I was able to rebuild them (see below).

>>> You could try to rebuild from ATrpms' src.rpm, but to spare some
>>> trouble this is what I had with 1.1.rc4 4 months ago:
>>
>> I tried this, and it failed due to incompatible tools versions (autoconf,
>> libtool, etc).

After upgrading the tools to:

automake14-1.4p6
automake-1.9.2
automake15-1.5
autoconf-2.59
libtool-1.5.6
libtool-libs-1.5.6

And disabling a few features I don't use (MySQL, etc) I was able to get
the ATrpms Centos 4 dovecot 1.1.2 to build and run on CentOS 3.

See my next message for the nasty results of doing so...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!