[Dovecot] Quota plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 22 01:43:52 EEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 18:00 -0300, Thiago Monaco Papageorgiou wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have some questions about quota plugin. I have taken quota-maildir as
> example.
>
> What does the function maildir_quota_root_get_resources? When it is
> called? I have tested including some log messages, but it wasn't appears
> in the log file.
>
> When dovecot calls this function? It is an important function?

Quota plugin is built so that it could support full IMAP QUOTA extension
(RFC 2087). The QUOTA extension supports different kinds of quota
resources, such as STORAGE (kilobytes) or MESSAGES (number of messages).
It also allows the server to send more than those two. So Dovecot's
get_resources() function returns which of those resources are supported
by the backend, currently it's either STORAGE or both STORAGE and
MESSAGES.