[Dovecot] Problem with multiple Dovecot Instances

Manuel Maurer lists at mainserver.org
Fri Aug 22 04:45:55 EEST 2008

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:40:14 +0300, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 19:44 +0200, Manuel Maurer wrote:
>> # 1.1.2: /opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot.conf
>> base_dir: /var/run/dovecot
> ..
>> login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
> ..
>> # 1.1.2: /opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot_main.conf
>> base_dir: /var/run/dovecot_main
> ..
>> login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
>
> By default login_dir is relative to base_dir. Your base_dirs are
> correctly set to different locations, but login_dirs point to the same
> dir so they'll cause conflicts. Just uncomment login_dir.
OK, i deleted the line and now i have a new problem:

Info: Dovecot v1.1.2 starting up
Info: Generating Diffie-Hellman parameters for the first time. This may
take a while..
Info: ssl-build-param: SSL parameters regeneration completed
Error: file_copy(/opt/dovecot/var/lib/dovecot/ssl-parameters.dat,
       /var/run/dovecot_main/login/ssl-parameters.dat) failed: No such file
or directory
Fatal: pop3-login: chroot(/var/run/dovecot_main/login) failed: No such file
or directory
Error: Temporary failure in creating login processes, slowing down for now

The folder /var/run/dovecot_main was created at startup, just the
login directory not, why?

If i create the login folder by hand, dovecot is starting up normally,
but when i try to connect i get this message logged:

Fatal: imap-login: No authentication sockets found

It is filling up the file with this line, so i have to stop the
Process.

At the moment i got it up and running by using an own auth-process
for every dovecot instance. But i would prefer authentification via
one single process.

>> login_chroot: no
>
> Why no chrooting?
Was just for testing. I was not sure what the error caused so i tried
a lot of things. I removed the line now.

Manuel