[Dovecot] dovecot panic after upgrade 1.0.15 to 1.1.2

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 22 05:46:26 EEST 2008

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

>> I saw that, but the line "just comment out that line" is kind of
>> confusing as to which line (or lines) I should comment out.  Is
>> it just the assert (and leave the return), or is it the whole conditional
>> around the assert, or something else?
>
> I meant the assert itself (or change it to an i_error("recent flag
> bug")). Although few clients really use recent flags, so it probably
> doesn't matter much what you do. :)

I changed the i_assert to an i_error (so I can track when it happens,
and who it happens to, still).

> Anyway I'll try to look into why it's crashing. But it doesn't look like
> I can reproduce this with my imaptest tool, since it's been running for
> 2,5 hours now without this crash.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

> You could also see if this patch happens to help (probably not):
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/7f5cc9e805ec

I applied it, but it doesn't appear to help judging by the number of
i_error log entries from my patch...

Hopefully this will clear things up for the users (so they don't notice
any problems).  I'll let you know if not. :)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!