[Dovecot] Problem with squirrelmail and dovecot 1.1

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Fri Aug 22 17:19:43 EEST 2008

Ciao,
   I'm new to dovecot, just a week into switching over from UW-Imap, so
take my word with caution.  We use SpuirrelMail, 1.4.15, and not seeing
any problems.  Have you configured your folder defaults with
squirrellMail?  Namely Option 1. "Default Folder Prefix" should be
"mail/" without the quotes.  I found that Dovecot didn't like "~/mail".
 Though I think if you put the following in your dovecot.conf file:

mail_full_filesystem_access = yes

That the "~/mail" will work then.

Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Has noone any idea?
>
> Ciao,
> Gerhard
>
> --
> http://www.wiesinger.com/

> Hello!
>
> I'm running squirrelmail 1.4.8 (I know this is not the latest version)
> and know I'm having troubles with:
> 1.) Folder list view
> 2.) Save to sent or Drafts folder.
>
> Configuration worked well. I think it has to do with the upgrade from
> dovecot 1.0 to 1.1 and the LIST command. Thunderbird/alpine work well.
>
> Commands from rawlog are:
> A002 LIST "" "~/Mail/Drafts"
> A002 OK List completed.
>
> or
>
> A002 LIST "" "~/Mail/sent"
> A003 CREATE "~/Mail/sent"
> A002 OK List completed.
> A003 NO Mailbox exists.
>
> Has something changed in the folder behaviour of dovecot from 1.0 to 1.1?
>
> If you need more information please let me know it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thnx.
>
> Ciao,
> Gerhard
>
> --
> http://www.wiesinger.com/

- --
C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'