[Dovecot] Postfix and Dovecot SASL authentication error

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 10:45:03 EEST 2008

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, sharad kanekar wrote:

> ear All,
>             I configured Postfix 2.3.3-2 on CentOS 5.2 using SASL Dovecot
> authentication put I am facing the problem to receive mails . My postconf -n
> result is:

Old software - does it have the recent security patch?

> And my /var/log/maillog is:
> Aug 23 19:01:03 mails dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.rc15 starting up

Old software - is CentOS bugfixing that?

> Aug 23 19:01:55 mails postfix/smtpd[3472]: warning: SASL: Connect to
> private/auth failed: No such file or directory
> Aug 23 19:01:55 mails postfix/smtpd[3472]: fatal: no SASL authentication
> mechanisms

If Dovecot is configured to export that socket to Postfix, be sure to
restart Dovecot and check that the socket is there
(ls -ld /var/spool/postfix/private/auth).

> And our server 's  fetchmail -vvv log is:
> [sharad at mails ~]$ fetchmail -vvv
> fetchmail: 6.3.6 querying coreteamsolutions.in (protocol POP3) at Sat 23 Aug

Seriously outdated. Does it have all the security fixes?

--
Matthias Andree