[Dovecot] Multiple network interface question

Mike Henry mike at henry.bz
Mon Aug 25 22:02:48 EEST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been posted before. I have dug through the
archives but haven't found any relevant answers to this question.

I am running Dovecot on a server that serves a number of (virtual)
domains each with a number of (virtual) users.

To read mail I am providing a webmail client and have configured HTTPS
connections using reverse DNS so that each domain has its own IP
address and that each IP address gets mapped to a different virtual
host. Each virtual host presents and HTTPS connection particular to
their own domain using the SSL certificate for that domain so that
each user only sees his or her own domain throughout.

Is it possible to configure Dovecot so that mail-clients like
Thunderbird or Outlook can connect via the default port using their
own domain (maybe also using reverse DNS) and be presented with an SSL
connection particular to that domain (i.e. using that domains
certificate)?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks in advance,

		-Mike