[Dovecot] syncml with server push email

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Wed Aug 27 01:48:41 EEST 2008

Any recommendations for server push email using syncml and dovecot?

I am familiar with Funambol for syncing pim info, but not used it for email.

Are there any recommended opensource or commercial syncml servers that are
known to integrate nicely with Dovecot 1.x?  Googling hasn't really turned up
much in the way of useful info.

To mix it up a little, I was using Funambol for the Pim stuff, but ran into a
bunch of issues and switched to eGroupWare which has it's own syncml ability
which works quite nicely with my pda. I stopped using Funambol as the server
didn't properly deal with the conversion from vcal to ical and as a result
appointments synced on the pda end, always ended up 8 hours early :-( This
was going from ThunderBird to Windows Mobile, so I am hoping to avoid this
happening again.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting