[Dovecot] multiple password schemes and sql?

R A skagerack at gnyrf.net
Wed Aug 27 09:58:46 EEST 2008

Hi again.

Ok, tested now with 1.1.2 and also a nightly build with 1.2-UNSTABLE to
make sure it isnt too old.

password query to talk to database in dovecot-sql.conf is:

password_query = SELECT id as user, passwd as password FROM passwds
WHERE id = '%u' AND model = '%m'

This constantly fails and %m is always empty according to sql logs.
auth-worker is given the information about mechanism, so seems like the
%m just isnt used?

Any ideas?

/Roger