[Dovecot] Mail lists

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Fri Aug 29 02:13:45 EEST 2008

Tom wrote:
> I apologize if this is on the wiki or in the documentation, but I can't
> get to either website for some reason right now.
>
> What's a good way to set up mail lists where everyone at mydomain.com would
> relay to everyone in my company? I have a virtual user setup using MySQL
> as the backend using Dovecot 1.0.something.

I take it you don't want to go to the (relatively small) effort of
installing a mailing list manager like Mailman.

I would say a good solution which would also save you disk space would be a
shared folder.

Have "everyone" deliver to its own mailbox, and give everyone access to it
via a Namespace.

There are some fiddly bits to play with if you want everyone to have their
own status flags, but I believe this is all covered in the wiki - and if
not, in this list.

HTH.

--
Curtis Maloney