[Dovecot] Virtual users, postfix and dovecot deliver LDA

Petri Asikainen paca at sci.fi
Fri Aug 29 17:08:11 EEST 2008

Hi, I have question about how to setup ldap-lookups in dovecot. I have
done my homework by googling and reading documention and sample
configuration files. But cant resolve this issue.

Background:
I have setup postfix and dovecot. Postix is configured to ldap alias
maps and is delivering mails to /var/spool/vmail/username/Maildir
correctly . Username is ldap attribute sAMAccountName from active directory.
Goal:
To use dovecots sieve plugin I have to setup postfix to use dovecots
deliver. Changed postfix main.cf to virtual_transport = dovecot and
master.cf to include lines:
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/lda/deliver -d
${recipient}

Problem is that mail get delivered to /var/spool/vmail/users.email at address ,
not folder named as  ldap attribute sAMAccountNameas it should.

The question is:
How I can configure deliver to do map email address to ldap attribute
sAMAccountName? Second question is can I use ldap groups as distribution
lists whit deliver?

Dovecot version is 1.1.2 and postfix 2.5.1

Cheers,

Petri