[Dovecot] Lots of assertion PANICs in error log

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 29 19:03:51 EEST 2008

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 09:49 +0100, Yates Ian Mr (ITCS) wrote:
>> I have just upgraded to dovecot 1.1.2 and am seeing lots of the
>> following panic messages filling up the error logs:
>>
>> dovecot: Aug 29 09:34:32 Panic: IMAP(user): file index-sync.c: line 39
>> (index_mailbox_set_recent_uid): assertion failed:
>> (seq_range_exists(&ibox->recent_flags, uid))
>
> This patch should help:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/8cc0eaec7d0f

I applied that patch last night, and I'm still seeing the same errors...
So unless I didn't get the patch right, there is still something amiss...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.