[Dovecot] 1.0.RC2 to 1.1.2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 11:44:18 EEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 11:04 +0100, Radomir Zoltowski wrote:
> 2. Hard to replicate, you need to have multiple users accessing same
> folders, folders are auto-mounted through NFS, mail agent Thunderbird
> and/or Outlook, effective UID/GID gives write permissions only on
> 'drwxrws---' folders thorugh SGID, otherwise only owner has write
> permissions, therefore often building indices in memory. Thunderbird
> seems to go into endless loop while trying to rebuild indices, where it
> fails to respond. The section below repeats endlessly until dovecot + TB
> are killed.

Do you have one or more Dovecot servers accessing the NFS?

Hmm. Looks like I'm getting these all the time with in-memory indexes:

mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /home/tss/mail/inbox
(12046 > 10555, seq=2, idx_msgs=16)

I'm beginning to wonder if it's time to rewrite the mbox code once
again, or do a major cleanup at least..