[Dovecot] GETQUOTAROOT (part 2)

Patrick Medina cpjmedina at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 18:45:43 EEST 2008

Hello,

I'm a recent convert to dovecot from courier-imap and the
performance has certainly improved.  I'm running the vanilla
1.0.7 version that came with the CentOS 5.2 x86_64 distro.

I've come across a similar problem that was posted by Ralf
Hildebrandt earlier this year under the same subject, but
that thread just seems to have died off.  I'm also using per-
user maildirsize files (originally run under courier-imap)
but these are not being read/enforced/updated for some
users.

After some testing with these users, the problem seems to be
related to the size of the maildirsize file itself.  A file
size greater than 5119 bytes results in no quota for the INBOX
of the user, and the file seems to be ignored entirely by
dovecot.

I guess the solution to this is to just copy over a fresh
(i.e. empty save for the limit line) maildirsize file, but I
was wodering if this maildirsize size limit is some innate
property of dovecot.  Would not others, especially converts
from courier-imap that also use maildirsize files, have this
experience also?

Thank you.

Patrick