[Dovecot] Lots of assertion PANICs in error log

Yates Ian Mr (ITCS) I.Yates at uea.ac.uk
Sun Aug 31 15:20:45 EEST 2008

That patch certainly worked for me!

I unpacked dovecot 1.1.2 into a directory, copied the patch into there and ran:

patch -p1 -i patchfilename.patch

Then configured and compiled/installed as normal and all was well!
If you are applying the patch to a dovecot 1.1.2 source that you have already compiled from, you might want to do a "make distclean" to remove any existing compiled code that might confuse make before you configure/compile/install just to ensure the patch is compiled in.

I.