[Dovecot] Quota & expire problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 1 02:37:09 EET 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 17:58 -0500, Kari Suomela (DC) wrote:
> I have managed to get the master quota working, but cannot get individual user quota to do anything.
>
> Here is a line from /etc/dovecot/passwd:
> _kari at karico.ca:XXXXXXXXX:502:502::/var/mail/vhosts/karico.ca/kari::userdb_quota_rule=*:bytes=600M_

The _ prefix and suffix isn't probably really in there? Anyway looks
correct. Set mail_debug=yes and auth_debug=yes to see if quota_rule gets
transferred correctly to imap process.

> Also, based on this, the expire cron job says: Unknown dict module: db
..
>   expire: Trash 7 Spam 30
>   expire_dict: db:/var/lib/dovecot/expire.db
> dict:
>   expire: db:/var/lib/dovecot/expire.db

Berkeley DB support isn't linked to imap processes. You'll need to
configure it to use dict proxy like the example shows:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire