[Dovecot] help on MailLocation please!

Li Wei Nan listforliwn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 11:05:35 EET 2008

Hi Everyone,

	I'm now using dovecot with a POP3&SMTP server called JAMES. I want
dovecot and james to share the email location. Both dovecot and james
can store email in mbox format. However, the james will only store
mbox mail repo in a fixed dir, such as: /var/mail/
	And it will naming each user's mbox repo by its name, such as /var/
mail/tom or /var/mail/peter, etc. So I have to config dovecot for it
to fit the situation. So I config dovecot as:

	mail_location = mbox:/var/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

	The inbox get worked now, dovecot can read the mbox file created by
james correctly. However, dovecot make each user's Trash, Sent in same
directory: /var/mail. So it means all the user just have one Trash,
Sent. I've read the Wiki carefully and tried some different config and
still cannot get it work.

	Can anyone gives me some advice on it? Thanks a lot! What I hope to
achieve is:

	- Let dovecot read everyone's inbox at: /var/mail/%u (it's a mbox
file, not dir)
	- Let dovecot store everyone's Trash, Sent in /var/mail/%u/mail

Thanks in advance.

- Li Wei Nan