[Dovecot] Using namespaces to duplicate mailboxes (Doable?)

Julio C. Ortega jortega at onuva.com
Wed Dec 3 00:26:08 EET 2008

Brian Hayden escribió:
> On Dec 2 2008, Julio C. Ortega wrote:
>
>> How would i go about that? i assume that also the MTA comes into play.
>
> Depending on your goals, you may wish to do it directly from your MTA
> (postfix?), or have your MTA run a script that handles forking off
> parallel deliveries (a miniature C program that fork-execs two separate
> instances of deliver with different config files, possibly). I'm sure
> there are other solutions too...
>
> -Brian

Ok. let's rephrase it: how would i go about integrating this kind of
behaviour having postfix as an MTA?.. anyone has any hint?

I've been seeing/thinking some ways to do it but involve a lot of
transformation of the base environment where dovecot and postfix would
run. (no need to chroot or blatantly kill existing dirs to use symbolic
links, for example)

Thanks for any info.