[Dovecot] Max OS X 10.5 Mail + Dovecot

Peter Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 22:05:05 EET 2008

On Friday, December 05, 2008, at 10:45AM, "Chris Cappuccio" <chris at nmedia.net> wrote:
>People using the new OS X mail client are unable to connect to the unsigned dovecot-mkcert.sh certificate on my Dovecot installations.  Turning off SSL fixes the problem.  Is there any way to make it work automatically, or do I just have to get the certificates signed?  Has anyone figured this one out before?

I have an unsigned SSL certificate with Dovecot and
connect fine using OSX.5's Mail.app.  What do you
mean, "unable to connect"?  Do you really mean
"unable to connect", or do you mean, "an error
message comes up every time they try to connect"?

If its the latter complaint, please see this document:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA22383

I know it says 10.3 Mail, but the steps to follow are
essentially unchanged between 10.3 and 10.5.