[Dovecot] "nopassword" extra field useless with LDAP passdb

Thomas Siebert siebert+Lists at et.rub.de
Tue Dec 9 12:07:28 EET 2008

First, I don't see why you would want to let your users logon with any
password. A user with a valid certificate could logon as any user, as long
as you don't actually somehow check who is the certificates' owner.

And i don't think there's a big chance that EXTERNAL will be implemented in
the next time (though this post is a bit outdated):
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2005-12/1323.html
Also, there's no further information at Roadmap:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Roadmap

Maybe you could use "auth external" with couriers authlib, as it recently
started to support AUTH EXTERNAL:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?group_id=5404&release_id=296342
The problem is that I don't see how authlib would be able to access the the
certificate.