[Dovecot] dovecot howto?

Dmitri V. Ivanov dima at intex.spb.ru
Thu Dec 11 21:38:01 EET 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 06:08:31PM +0100, Olaf Zaplinski wrote:

I have maildrop between dovecot and postfix but doesn't matter:
> postfix main.cf:
>
> # -- delivery options
> #
> local_recipient_maps =

So not use users from /etc/passwd and

virtual_mailbox_domains = <list of my domains or database with it>
mydestination =

> virtual_alias_maps = btree:/etc/postfix/virtual
> alias_maps = btree:/etc/postfix/aliases
> alias_database = btree:/etc/postfix/aliases

I think last two lines not for virtual, but for system users, so use
virtual_alias_maps instead
> # mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
> mailbox_transport = dovecot

virtual_transport = dovecot

As far as I understand postfix also need to know users/mailboxes. So
there must be:
virtual_mailbox_maps = type:database

with database key equal to mailbox name and value with something (virtual
from postfix distribution wants path to mailbox/maildir). mailbox name
is user at domain.

WBR
Dmitri Ivanov