[Dovecot] Autocreate plugin for 1.1 - not compile in FreeBSD (gcc problem?) [SOLVED]

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Dec 13 12:18:05 EET 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 13:08 +0300, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Heh - I solve it.
> To make it compile in FreeBSD you need to:
>
> cd /usr/ports/mail/dovecot
> make extract
> mkdir work/dovecot-1.1.*/sys
> locate sysmacros.h
> cp /your/path/to/sysmacros.h  work/dovecot-1.1.*/sys/
> patch it as sayd at wiki.
>
> And then all work well.

I don't really understand why that would be necessary. The sysmacros.h
isn't required. In that case Dovecot's config.h shouldn't have
HAVE_SYS_SYSMACROS_H defined, but you do for some reason. Why is the
port doing that?

I'd rather say this is a bug in the FreeBSD ports. If you compiled
Dovecot directly from sources you wouldn't have had this problem.