[Dovecot] Autocreate plugin for 1.1 - not compile in FreeBSD (gcc problem?) [SOLVED]

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Dec 13 13:07:24 EET 2008

Yarema, do you have any thoughts on this?

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 13:54 +0300, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> > I'd rather say this is a bug in the FreeBSD ports. If you compiled
> > Dovecot directly from sources you wouldn't have had this problem.
>
> Well may be. But:
..
> work/dovecot-1.1.7/config.h:#define HAVE_SYS_SYSMACROS_H 1

I don't think this line should be here. I'm guessing the FreeBSD port
adds some include paths for the sys/sysmacros.h that cause this to get
set. But when compiling the autocreate plugin that include path isn't
set, so it fails.

The sys/sysmacros.h is set only to use major() and minor() macros, but
if it's missing it's just comparing struct stat.st_dev with == operator,
which should work fine in FreeBSD.

> I update wiki now.

The annoying problem with that is that this will happen with ALL
plugins, not just with autocreate plugin. So it's kind of in the wrong
wiki page. But people probably won't find it elsewhere.. I'd rather see
about getting this fixed in FreeBSD port.